There are several steps in finding or selecting a coach. It is important to understand that coaching is all about you: your life, goals, needs, wants, desires, and dreams. It is not about the coach. There are many coaches available, and you should be able to find the one that is right for you. If you feel you are ready for a coach, it is important to:
- Do some research about coaches in your area of interest.
- Be as clear as possible about what you want to get out of coaching.
- Understand the basics about what to expect from a coach.
- Interview more than one coach.
- Have your questions prepared.
- Commit to the process and retain your coach.